Play-Way Training Day Confirmed
25 January 2017
'The Play-Way' an approach to understanding and supporting
We are now rolling our newly branded introductory to playwork
Train the Trainers Training confirmed for Wednesday 25th
If you are interested in taking part and want to deliver this
fantastic endorsed course, email us to
let us know and we will forward an application form.
A bit about the course and training day...
'The Play-Way' an approach to understanding and
supporting childrens' play, is a new 14 hour
introductory to playwork training course consisting of 7 sessions,
which aims to introduce learners to the nature of freely chosen
play and the role and responsibilities of the adult in supporting
children and young people's play within a range of play settings.
The sessions are
- Understanding Play
- The Importance of Play
- Playing for ALL
- Playing Safely
- Supporting Play
- Play Spaces
- Reflective Practice
Download the publicity leaflet here!
If you would like to become a PPAT (Playwork Partnerships
Associate Trainer) and deliver this course you will need to attend
our PPAT Training Day at the University of Gloucestershire,
Oxstalls Campus, Gloucester at a cost of just £95.
*Special Christmas and New Year Offer of £90 if booked
before Friday 6th January*
If you are already an exisiting PPAT (with
current membership) you will also need to attend the training day
but at a cost of only £45.
Your training day includes:
- The new Play-Way course and existing Volunteers in Play
- Sharing new ideas for activities and delivery;
- 'The Play Way' Trainer Pack and Learner Pack;
- 'Volunteers in Play' Trainer Pack and Learner Pack;
- Access to a members only Facebook group;
- PPAT annual membership of £40 (new PPATs only).
Your PPAT annual membership will include:
- Support to deliver Playwork Partnerships endorsed courses;
- Being in a pool of trainers with the opportunity to be
contracted by Playwork Partnerships or other organisations to
deliver our courses nationally;
- Discounted price on our other training courses;
- An annual PPAT CPD training day & regular trainer
- Access to online resources through our online support
To become a PPAT you will be required to meet
our criteria for a quality trainer by completing our application
form and submitting your current CV. This will enable you the
opportunity to deliver our courses and be contracted to deliver our
endorsed training courses under our SkillsActive licence and code
If you are interested in becoming a trainer then please do join
us in the new year for a fun but informative day with lunch and
refreshments provided. To find out more about signing up to become
a PPAT or to book your place contact firstname.lastname@example.org and
we will send you an booking and application form.
PPAT Application Form
back to news & events