Course Aims & Assessment
This course aims to:
- provide you with an understanding of the needs and play
behaviours of older children and how to support them in your
- provide you with an opportunity to fully reflect on your
- enable you to develop confidence in working with older children
andyoung people in your setting,
- supply you with information on further training in play and
playwork and provide an understanding of play and playwork
The delivery of the course will emphasise participative
learning, practical group work and individual reflective
practice. The assessment will be based on your
active participation during the taught sessions and
completion of a reflective diary.
What do I need to do to pass?
To receive a full certificiate you must:
- attend 80% of the taught sessions
- actively participate in sessions
- complete assessments including a course reflective diary
and a grade of 50% or more.